Friday, June 24, 2011

Adiós, Santiago

It has been almost a week since we arrived in Santiago. We spent two days there celebrating what we had just done - walking for 33 days.  Or perhaps it is more accurate to say what the Camino has done to us individually.  the Camino truly has been special.  I think it will take a bit of time to take it all in.  I will blog more about the whole Camino experience as the days, or perhaps weeks come by.

Santiago is a beautiful city.  We got to go to Sunday mass in the Cathedral where the remains of St. James are kept in the crypt right below the altar.  We also got to hug a statue of St. James, which is a tradition pilgrims do after finishing the Camino.  Taking pictures in the sanctuary was forbidden so unfortunately I have no photos to show this.  I do have other pictures though but I don´t have the means right now to post photos. Perhaps on my next internet stop.


I am now in Portugal making my way down to Fatima, where the Virgin Mary appeared to 3 shepherd children in the early 1900´s.

No comments:

Post a Comment