Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 33: Arca to Santiago de Compostela (21kms)

Ahhhh! What a beautiful morning to begin our final trek towards Santiago.  It looked very much like home in Vancouver.  Morning fog, chilly humid air, mountains, trees and mist.


The signs, arrows, the Camino shell, all led up to much anticipation and excitement.


A monument comemorating Pope John Paul II´s visit to Santiago as a pilgrim suprised us along the way.


During this brief stop, I chanted "JP2, we love you," "Giovanni Paolo, Giovanni Paolo" and "Santo Subito."  I couldn´t help it.  John Paul 2 is one of my heroes.


A few more steps away from the Cathedral de Santiago de Compostela.





More to come....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marc, got here via the Pinay Traveller's blog. I'd say your story's inspiring as I'm planning do this pilgrimage a few years from now. Good luck on your journey and I hope to read more of your posts!

    - Cedric, www.galapinoyredux.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cedric! I support you on your plans to do the pilgrimage. The Camino has been a great experience for me and I think every one has a lot to learn and take from it.

    Your website looks pretty cool. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete