Monday, May 9, 2011

Backpack Blues

I went to MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) store today to buy a backpack as I still needed one for the pilgrimage. The choices MEC offers were impressive. However, after 45mins of browsing and going back and forth, I decided not to purchase one. Instead, I decided that I'm gonna go with my old backpack, the one I used 10 years ago when I went to Europe for the first time. I just didn't feel right forking out $100+ for a new one. Besides, the old one I have is still in great shape and it fits my back just fine. It'll be good also to use it again as I visit Europe for the second time - 10 years after the first time. I'm optimistic that it will serve me on this pilgrimage just fine. Here's a couple of pictures.





Tomorrow I'm going across the US border to get a new pair shoes as the 2 pairs I currently have are quite worn out and are on their last legs. I looked at prices online and found the price in the US $50 cheaper than the one here in for the same pair of shoes.

Five more sleeps!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, I just found your blog and I am really looking forward to following it. I hope you are feeling better each hour. What did you pack?

    ReplyDelete