Sunday, May 8, 2011

Less than a week left until Buen Camino!

In just six more sleeps, my 800 km walking pilgrimage begins. This May-June, I'll be walking the French Route of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela.

On May 14, I'll be flying from Seattle to Zurich and then take the train to Southern France in a little town called St. Jean Pied-de-Port, which is traditionally the starting point of the Camino Frances (French Way).

Then for a whole month and a bit, I'll be walking across Northern Spain towards Santiago de Compostela and all I will have with me is a simple walking gear, a backpack, a sleeping bag, water bottle, a rosary and a bible. I look forward to what God has in store for me on this pilgrimage.

But before all that, I still have to do a number of things like getting travel health insurance, getting the proper equipment, and tie up loose ends here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment