Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Looking for a good book to read on the Camino

I'm breathing a lot better now! Today, I drove down to Washington State and bought a pair of walking shoes and a few other things like water bottle, walking poles, headlamp, etc. I'm almost ready! Tomorrow, I am getting health travel insurance and some Euros.

Another thing I need is a book or perhaps two for me to read. I'm looking for a book that will suit my journey. Right now, I'm leaning towards True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis de Montfort. I'm also hoping for a book on the Camino but I haven't found any that piques my interest.

4 more sleeps until Buen Camino!

1 comment:

  1. Saw your updates on my newsfeed!

    I heard there's a (secular) movie coming out on the Camino, too - "The Way". :) Met a man this year who took a secular trip down there, too, just 70-something km to mark his 70-something birthday.

    For reading - how about St. Ignatius of Loyola? (Nothing to do with the Camino in particular, but he's Spanish and writes lots about discernment--his own at first, and then the Jesuits'.)

    Anyways, God bless you on your trip!

    ReplyDelete