Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My next Camino

This has been quite an unbelievable summer.  I got to visit Lourdes, France, walk the Camino Francés, visit Fatima, Portugal, walk the Vía de la Plata and attend World Youth Day in Madrid.  I am extremely blessed to have the opportunity to do all this in the span of 3 months.  I thank God for this gift.

Now that my summer has come to a conclusion, I am embarking on a new "camino."  This time, I'm headed to New York City where I am entering the Community of the Franciscans of the Renewal as a postulant.  I have been discerning religious life for a number of years.  And after working as a lay missionary for Catholic Christian Outreach Canada for 3 years and pilgrimaging through France, Spain and Portugal for 3 months,  God has revealed to me a new path, which I look forward to with great anticipation.

So for the next year starting September 6th, 2011, I will be living in New York as a postulant for the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal.  During this time, I will not have access to internet (no computers, no tv's and no cell phones).  If you wish to contact me, you may reach me by good old-fashioned post mail at:

Mark Ho
St. Joseph Friary
523 West 142 St.
New York, NY
USA 10031

Pax et bonum,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment