Monday, August 1, 2011

Zafra - a city founded by Arabs

Zafra is a small city but has a lot to offer.  I was especially pleased to find out that it had a strong Franciscan presence at one point in its history and it's evident as you walk around the streets.  I got to spend some time in Adoration at a Poor Clare's convent, which was the highlight for me in this stage.

Entering the city of Zafra through the Puerta de Jerez.

Plaza Grande


This is a Convent of Poor Clare's, where I took an hour of Adoration.  You can see the gate on the right where the cloister begins.

The door on the left is the entrance into the Poor Clare's convent, in contrast with the busy pedestrian-only street with many shops and stores.

The Albergue where I stayed used to be a Franciscan convent.

No comments:

Post a Comment