Friday, August 12, 2011

Segovia - the final stop on my Camino before Madrid

Yesterday I arrived in Segovia from Avila. At first, I wasn't sure if I should go to Segovia or not but man, I'm sure glad I decided to go. Segovia exceeded my expectations by a mile. As soon as I started frolicking around town, I wondered why I never heard people speak highly of it. I'm still wondering. Because Segovia is wonderful.
The first thing that will stand out to Segovia's visitors is the AQUEDUCTO (Aquaduct in English), which is the structure built by the Romans in order to transport water from a lake or a dam to its towns. You may remember it from a previous blog entry I wrote on the city of Mérida, which also had Roman Aquaduct remains. I must say though, Segovia's is much more impressive.

Here I post a series of photos of just the Aquaduct's:

It's quite long...



I mean, it's REALLY long.  This next photo is the other side, from the same spot I took the previous photo.


This definitely beats Mérida's aquaducts.  Easily.


I ran into a group of young Italian WYD pilgrims.  Typically italian, they were loud in singing O Sole Mio from the top of their lungs.  It was fun.  WYD Spirit is definitely in the air!





A little attempt at self-portrait here.  Just to have a proof that I was actually there.  : p


I finally mustered up the courage to ask a stranger to take a photo of me.


It doesn't matter from which angle you take a photo, it's always breath-taking.  Sorry if my face took away from it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment